You find yourself overwhelmed. You feel you can no longer give emotional, physical, spiritual and loving care to your newborn. Which statement below is correct?
- In year 2000 the Abandoned infant Protection Act was formed
- Abandoned Infant Protection is also known as Safe Haven Law
- Safe Haven Law covers from baby’s birth until 30 days of life
- Safe Haven locations include of any place able to care for the newborn such as hospitals, police stations, etc.
- You can leave a child as long as the parent immediately notifies a person of the infant’s location.
- If you follow any of the above you do not have to leave your name or identity you are protected from any wrongful act.
- You have from day of baby birth to 60 days of baby’s life to be protected under the Safe Haven Law.
Let’s keep our newborn safe and protected. You can start by taking a complete 5 hr class at The Birthing Center of NY! Yes- doing the class we teach Newborn Safety, it’s just that important!