The Birthing Center hope All the Fathers to be had a great Father’s Day. We at the Birthing Center would like to give our father’s a little gift!
We have provided a list of things you can do as a father during your significant others pregnancy, laboring, birth and post delivery- Wishing you all the best!
- While pregnant gently rub her belly in a circular motion, sing , talk or read to the baby.
- Do the chores such as cooking, cleaning the house and shopping
- Pay a little extra attention to her
- Provide whatever she needs for her “to-go” bag
- Cut the newborn umbilical cord
- Do skin to skin with the newborn
- Stroke the infant’s cheek to initiate sucking reflex for breastfeeding and do it again as needed if the baby stops sucking.
- Play with baby’s feet to wake up the baby if the baby falls asleep while breastfeeding
- Bring her fluids and snacks while she is breast feeding
- Sit and keep her company while she is breast feeding
- Provide her with some ME TIME every day
- Understand this entire process is all about Team Work!
Happy Father’s Day- Welcome to the world of Fatherhood