Now that you have had your baby – self perineal care is needed. Do you know what to expect? Which answer is incorrect, or do you need to take my class?
- You will bleed for approximately 6 weeks. The blood will be dark red in color.
- You will have bleeding for approximately 6 weeks, the blood is called Lochia and is bright red in the beginning.
- You should not see any blood clots.
- You may see some small clots this is normal
- It is normal to have a moderate/amount of bleeding when you go from a lying to a standing position.
- If you have a constant heavy blood flow that saturates your pad, seek medical assistance